Sunday, April 21, 2013

Diamonds in the sky

As I already wrote in my previous post, just when I finished my first entry for Weekly Challenge #114 I felt like drawing more stars. I was happy with the design of the big star in the foreground, so I used that again.
Then I fantasized a bit about twinkling stars.... in my fantasy it was Purk that makes them sparkle. A little later they played Rihanna's song "Diamonds (in the Sky)" on the radio and that became my inspiration for drawing diamond-like gems instead of pearls. DL Nebula is a very suitable companion!

Tangles: Purk, 'Nzeppel and DL Nebula
The stripes of Purk and the hearts of DL Nebula are done with a white Sakura Glaze gelpen, so in reality the tile has some embossing.

Thanks to:
Rick and Maria from Zentangle® for Purk (video!) and 'Nzeppel;
CZT® Donna Hornsby for DL Nebula;
CZT® Laura Harms aka the Diva for this twinkling Challenge;
You for reading this post.... and maybe even for leaving a comment!!!

Happy Tangling everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ook deze is heel mooi Anneke! Het is net of je 's avonds omhoog kijkt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation... the sky does sparkle and twinkle!
    --Mary Sargeant, czt10

    ReplyDelete