Thursday, April 18, 2013

Two surprises and a Challenge

Still can't believe it.... One of the most exciting things happened to me last Monday!! Maria left a comment on my "Who's that girl?" page to let me know I have won one of her gorgeous frame tiles from the blog entry "A Frame of Mine[d]" on Zentangle.blogspot! I was totally confused, even had to send her my address in two times, because in the middle of the first message I pushed the wrong button.... (blush)
And now I can't hardly wait for it to arrive!!
Will be continued of course!

Yesterday my daughter Em also had a lovely surprise for me. She had uploaded one of my entries to the diva's Weekly Challenge #110 "Get Rid of the Box" to have it printed by Vistaprint on a mug and a number of cards:

How sweet is that?!

Weekly Challenge #114 "You with the Stars in your Eyes - Stars v 2.0" really appeals to me, so my first star was born in less than 30 minutes. The first time I've succeeded to do so, hurray! Not so many details, not such complex tangles, that makes a big difference. And I love drawing those small pentacles....

Tangles: Betweed and 'Nzeppel
While I was drawing I found myself singing and humming the amiable song of Perry Como: "Catch a falling star (an' put it in your pocket. Never let it fade away!)"....

Wouldn't it be a great gesture to dedicate all our stars to the victims of the horrible bombings in Boston, their families and the very brave people who gave first aid?! My thoughts are with all of them.
I want to draw some more stars tomorrow....

Addition
Posted  on April 29, 2013 (with Jane's permission)
Watching the Diva's slideshow today, I was touched by the lovely "star in the pocket" from Jane Menard
(Tangle Jam)! She didn't only sing Perry Como's song, but it also inspired her to draw her wonderful interpretation of it. Please make sure you don't miss it and follow this link!!

Thanks to:
Rick and Maria from Zentangle® for Betweed (including a video!) and 'Nzeppel;
CZT® Laura Harms aka the Diva for this twinkling Challenge;
You for reading this post.... and maybe even for leaving a comment!!!

Happy Tangling everyone!

16 comments:

  1. I love how that star is reaching FOR the stars! and the shading is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! I hadn't noticed yet, but your right!!

      Delete
  2. Wat een geweldig lief gebaar van je dochter!!!
    Je ster vind ik erg mooi en zo ook je gedachten m.b.t. Boston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, deze lieve dochter houdt van verrassingen!!
      En wat er gebeurd is, is toch weer afschuwelijk, hè? Ik denk vaak, dat iedereen eigenlijk kennis zou moeten maken met Zentangle, misschien dat de hele mensheid dan eindelijk eens tot inzicht komt hoe je ook op een vriendschappelijke, respectvolle manier met elkaar kunt omgaan!

      Delete
  3. Een prachtige ster. En ik ben het mijn voorganger eens . De variatie die je gemaakt hebt op betweed is prachtig. Het lijkt wel gevlochten met hele dikke wol. Te gek effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Shelly and Didisch: I can't stop thinking about thick layers of whipped cream when I look at this Betweed.... ;-))

      Delete
  4. Like the puffiness of your betweed. Also like the way your extending the star outside the dark background makes the tile look. Very nice. The shading adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the texture you've managed with your betweed - gives your star a really fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tangles on your big star and love the little stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoi Anneke, Leuke verrassingen zo het cadeau en de mokken met kaart. Ik vind je inzending met de sterren erg mooi. Ga lekker door :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely week you've had with so many wonderful surprises. Your starry tile so wonderfully fun and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your delightful star and your playful Betweed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love it!
    Like a astronaut in space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wauw wat leuk zeg!
    En je ster is echt geweldig!

    ReplyDelete