Friday, April 5, 2013

"Tuxedo", topic of Weekly Challenge #112

Last Monday was April 1st and every first monday of the month is "Use My Tangle" time! Topic of Weekly Challenge #112 was Tuxedo by LeeAnn aka Ledenzer. You really should take a look on LeeAnn's blog, what she does with Zentangle is incredible. And amazingly fast too: most of the time she's the first to submit!! She also takes the time to write sweet comments on the blogs of other submitters (I guess all of them!).
Tuxedo is easy to do and it has countless possibilities. Once you have drawn the basic steps, you are challenged to use your imagination to change its looks over and over, for example with tangleations!!
My week was too busy to do exercises on my scribbling pad, so I made my submission right away on a correspondence card (more space!). While I was drawing, Linda Farmer's post about Mr.E by Shawn Hayden came in and that was the perfect pattern to use in my piece, also without practising, uh oh!
With the initial T from Tuxedo as my string (my habbit), this is the result:

Tangles: Tuxedo with Printemps, Black Pearlz, Cruffle and Mr.E

Yesterday I just wanted to do one more, but now on a tile:

Tangles: Tuxedo with Tortuca and Pearlz

I expect, you had as much fun with Tuxedo as I did!!

Thanks to:
CZT® Laura Harms aka the Diva for another nice Challenge;
Rick and Maria from Zentangle® for Printemps (here and here) and Tortuca (no online instructions);
CZT® Sandy Hunter for Cruffle;
CZT® 's Shawn Hayden and Linda Farmer for Mr.E;
You!!.... for reading this "crooked English"!!!

Happy Tangling everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing tanglations! I love the sweet beauty of your tiles! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a wonderful job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ze zijn weer prachtig ,anneke.
    en zo "crooked"is jou engels niet in mijn ogen.
    het mijne is "crooker" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both but especially fond of first version. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Net als Efie, denk ik dat je Engels prima is!
    Net zo prima als je Tuxedo, vooral de eerste vind ik prachtig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Efie en Annemarie! Schrijven in het Engels is nl. toch veel lastiger dan ik dacht (en behoorlijk tijdrovend). En ik zou zo graag meer uitdrukkingen willen weten om goed te kunnen zeggen wat ik bedoel....

      Delete