Monday, April 22, 2013

Maria's Zentangle has arrived!

It was another big surprise for me, to receive Maria's Zentangle so fast! Last Friday, only four days after Maria had sent it to me and crossing a whole ocean, it has safely arrived.
How exciting, to see my name and address so beautifully calligraphed on the envelope. It felt like profanation to open it.... but of course I was very curious which gorgeous tile was inside! It was such a thrill to see Maria had sent one of her tiles with her inimitable Mooka-esque strokes. It's amazing to see in reality how she swirled her pen across the paper!! Not one hesitation and all distances equal, so many details.... so much to learn from this Zentangle:


The day before its arrival I bought a 3D photo frame of which I thought it would be perfect to show Maria's "frame inspired" tile.... And it is!


Need I say how happy I am with this precious work of art? It's so dear to me!

With great gratitude to Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, the founders of Zentangle®, for this lovely gift and for their warm approval to write about it in this post.

Happy Tangling everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wauw mooi zeg, en dat lijstje is echt perfect erbij. Gefeliciteerd ermee :) En gefeliciteerd met Em! Heeft ze je mijn ecard met die katten laten zien haha? Misschien kan je een keer een kat zentanglen??
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is so exciting to win one of Maria's tiles. I too won one of her tiles and also hang it proudly.

    ReplyDelete